Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mother Was Right, it Will Freeze That Way

From my personal blog:

Now that you've all seen my profile photo in full size, I think I ought to tell you what it is.

That photo was taken at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. There's an exhibit called Toymaker 3000. It's a geek playground! The majority of the exhibit is an automated assembly line with plexiglass enclosures, so that you can see what everything is made of. Of course, I took pictures of the ControlLogix processors that run the whole thing.

As you walk around the outside of the main exhibit, there are a number of robot cells that do all kinds of things: build a model, draw a picture, and dance. The robot in my photo uses a webcam to take your picture, and then it will do a dance for you. I chose the photo because there just isn't any more flattering photo of me anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home